Monday, September 21, 2009

Why

Not everyone shares my delight in scary movies and all things Halloween--and I don't want to alienate some of my Scraps readers. Hence, this blog. Those friends who do love Halloween, Stephen King, and being deliciously frightened will find their way over here. 

There is a plethora of Halloween how-tos on the web.  As a beginner, I am simultaneously intimidated and inspired. If there is a profile for Halloween enthusiasts, I'm sure I don't fit its parameters.  I am a 58-year-old woman, just a beginner in the whole home-haunting, prop-building community.  Heck, I'm not even in the community--just living on the fringes, peeking through the black iron gates, eyes wide.

My husband thinks it is childish, this fascination with Halloween. Paralyzed on his left side and in chronic pain, he is unable to participate, and sometimes I think this is the reason for his seeming indifference. No matter.  He loves me and he indulges me in this pasttime, and that is enough.

So I will post photos of my meager attempts at props, decorating, past Halloweens, and links to terrific sites--most of which everyone probably already knows and visits.  And I will return any visits, answer all comments, and welcome you into this humble little blog.

Oh, and the title?  Well, I am a night nurse.

No comments:

Post a Comment