Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Halloween 2017

 I love to play with my skeletons in the week or so preceding Halloween, moving them about the porch and yard, bringing new ones out every other day or so.  This is a pic of some of them peering into the freebie wishing well I scored from a neighbor.
 Doll's head wreath came out of storage.
 Newly acquired planter's bench from craigslist put to good use. It got modified on Halloween day, but still looked pretty good.
 Samara coming out of the well. Didn't make her very visible, so I think she was missed by most passersby.
 I had posed this gal down on her knees at kid level, but she broke her pelvis on Halloween and I didn't have time to repair it, so she sat this one out right by the candy cauldron. Freaked out some of the kids anyway.
 More of the skeleton family (with ghost dog) antics.
 This guy was jealous of the old hag's costume and wanted one of his own, so I obliged him.


 This one's a TWD nerd.


 This one actually stood in the cemetery, and with the fogger going, looked pretty creepy.
 Zombie guy used to sit up and moan with light or sound sensing, but he got old and retired on me. Now he just hangs around the tombstones.

 Just a styrofoam head on PVC piping with netting and tulle. She really looked good with the wind blowing, but it wasn't blowing Wed. evening, when I took these pics.

 The ever popular Puking Pumpkin.

 Might just be my new profile pic.

Last year we'd only been in the house about 6 weeks when Halloween arrived and most of my stuff was inaccessible. Going through boxes in the shed this season was kind of like Christmas, re-discovering things I'd forgotten I had.  Next year, I'll probably go back to themes again. Already thinking "Spiders and Bats and Critters, Oh My!"  With the skeleton crew, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment