Sunday, October 4, 2009

Countdown Day 4

Remakes would be more enjoyable if you hadn't seen the original.

War of the Worlds, Halloween, The Stepford Wives--three I remember off the top of my head that boasted far better originals than the remakes. The Day the Earth Stood Still has been one of my all-time favorites. ("Gort! Klaatu barada nikto.")



I have resisted seeing the remake with Keanu Reeves, though I hear he does a good job with crappy material. Oh, and just saw the remake of Children of the Corn --also a disappointment. I wanted to kill the bitchy wife myself.

However, ttonight I watched the latest (3rd) remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Invasion with Nicole Kidman was tolerable. Jeremy Northam, who was terrific in The Net, was no more believable than Daniel Craig. But the little boy was adorable and I appreciated the maternal aspect--a watered-down Aliens mom--but a mom, nonetheless.


I mean, what's scarier than someone wanting to kill your child?




1 comment: